About Me

My photo
Well I suppose I am or at least used to be like everybody else, sort of. Used to do the thing that society wants us to, The Rat Race. For years I dreamt about exotic locations after watching the travel channel, thinking that some day I would love to go their or do that. Until the beginning of this year (5 Jan 2010), it was not planned or a new year’s resolution, it just happened. I cancelled all my TV subscriptions and pulled out all cables, literally threw them away. After this I drove down to a local scuba centre and signed up for my first scuba course. Let us fast forward to today, I have quite my job sold my vehicle. What now? TRAVEL BABY, SCUBA TRAVEL!!!

Friday, March 11, 2011

HELLO MALAYSIA...

I had a flight from Amman to Dubai then had to spend more than 12 hours in the airport with nowhere to sleep, I tried but it just was not possible. The next morning I flew to Kuala Lumpur and had 11 hours at the airport, this was a much better place to spend time and sleep as the seats does not have armrests as they do in Dubai so I found myself a nice movable six seat to try and get some shuteye. Yeh you guessed this did not work so well as they have announcements every so often, well I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. The good thing about DXB and KUL is that they have free WIFI so you can at least use the net to kill some time. Then the next morning I flew to Kuala Terengganu (TGG) and was greeted by the resort rep for the road transport to Merang Jetty in Merang Village not to be mistaken for Marang another village on the other side of Terengganu. After reaching the jetty in 25min I was ready for the 45min boat ride to Palau Redang Island and make my new home in Redang Kalong Resort. After about 40 hours in transit I finally reach my destination.J

See some pictures of my new home...


Now tell me that this is not worth waiting for. Yes I am in paradise…http://www.redangkalong.com/ check it out.

It is the last bit of monsoon weather then it is OPEN SEASON!
I can hardly wait…

Now for some sad news just in…
My thoughts goes out to all those effected by the Tsunami that just hit Japan’s north coast. A 10m wave swept away all in its path after an 8.9 magnitude earth quake.

1 comment:

  1. tQ for coming to msia...u still in redang or not?have a safe journey ahead:) and hope u would not have anymore problems with your modem&internet connections as u did last time when u went to Celcom!have a wonderful days....

    ReplyDelete